30 March 2009

The man of my dreams

Women have been accused of trying to change their men, coz guys don’t quite fit the picture we have in our minds:) I really don’t know what the success rate is on this project!!! Days go by so fast and yet in my mind, it is so clear, the day we met!! We were strangers; I was nervous and didn’t know what to do.... But he looked at me, as if we had known each other for ages. It is true that the wait was a very long one, thinking of how my life would be and making plans....

As we began life together, he showed me that you get up and walk every time you fall. Not to get caught up in the rat race and take it one day at a time. Life did not have to be perfect, there was always room for learning and how a smile could change everything!!! I would be in the kitchen and would hear him call, even though I pretended to be annoyed, I enjoyed being wanted so much :) But at times, picking up after him I wondered, how will this guy survive without me??!!

Once in a while, he would casually mention that he likes my dress or my shoes; I smile and try to figure out what he is up to now!! On a hot day or I might be busy doing something around the house, he will come pull my hair down and say "you know this is how I like it !!" He knows he can get away with anything and all it takes is “I LOVE YOU”, sometimes he would be extra generous and throw in a few hugs and kisses.. If we fight and I walk away, he would run after me trying to make me smile!! At night I thank God for yet another beautiful day, filled with love and fall asleep, wanting to wake up to love him again :)

I cherish every moment, whatever it may be, doing chores, singing out loud, dancing, being silly or snuggling up watching our favorite tv shows!! It will be a ride worthwhile, filled with priceless memories, with my son, Jacob... the man of my dreams!!


2 comments:

  1. It is beautifully written. I love the poetic flow of things. You misled me to think you are talking about the 'man of your life'. Don't throw anything at me. Again.. its beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Nostalgia. Very well written..:-)Your son would be very proud if he could read it !(BTW you could think of writing a thriller....lol)

    ReplyDelete