10 March 2009

Mitr

We don’t get to choose the role we want to play in life, it is more like being put on stage with the spot light on you and you try to do your best!!One thing we get to choose is our friends!! I am so lucky to have met these women in my life who amaze me so often. We are different but the fact that we accept our differences might be the key to this harmony!! This is a bond that grew over the years of not even being in touch, most of the time!! But yet so strong. There have been times when we don’t agree with each other, but we know that we all see life differently.

Was it easier to make friends when we were younger or is it that we don’t try to make friends anymore? Even though we are all so far away from each other , every time you pick up the phone it takes you back to those days. And it is funny that they have not changed, they still are those silly girls with whom you hung out years ago!! Recently I heard a priest say at an engagement that , marriage is the union of two forgiving individuals, I feel it is the core of any relationship. You are not real friends ,until you have fought ,argued or hated the other persons guts and then made up..Once you were a little girl, now you may be a wife and a mother, in this course of events , a lot changes in your life but you hang on to your friends. My friends have shared my joys and sorrows alike, and have kicked me in my butt when I needed it !!


Can’t help but remember those good old days we spent worrying about exams, jumping over the college gate with “Chaddi Peter" chasing us , hurrying to the theater to watch movies, feasting on Chinese food and ice-creams when it would be pouring outside,sometimes our clothes drenched in the rain .

Happy were those days when 8 to 9 of us shared the same room. Those crowded bus rides to college and of course long lines for the unforgettable hostel food.We found happiness in small things and had big dreams. Keep doing the same....

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear ! You brought back lots of colorful memories of the best time in my entire life . I hope everyone of us will remain the same old silly girls till the end of our lives !

    ReplyDelete