05 October 2009

Dreaming with my eyes open

"To become a happy person have a clean soul,eyes that see romance in the common place,a child's heart & spiritual simplicity."--------Peale


"I wished for a window, so the sun would shine through in the morning. Surely, I would get under the covers to escape the taunting rays. But then, I would get up and walk to my window to see the mist leaving and the clouds slowly move in.The branches moved as the birds danced around & the flowers awaited the morning rain. I ran to open the front door, the cool breeze hurried in stroking my hair. I stood by the steps waiting for the first raindrop. And then it rained. I don’t know why but I walked into it. There I stood with my arms wide open and my eyes shut tight. As I opened my eyes, I saw the rain purify everything it touched, the earth was quenched, so was my soul."

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful thought. I have been having these thoughts on the trip about how the rain seems to just clean the earth and make everything so beautiful and the comparison of the cleansing soul occurred to me as well.. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chechi u've such romantic thoughts.....bout rain flowers etc.... so sweet of u !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i never knew u had a poetic heart..Although i am sure i never knew u well.But never late..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonder that whenever the questioning soul or the parched earth yearns for a rain, it does albeit sometimes belated.

    ReplyDelete