28 July 2011

Looking at life..

This week started out not so great :( I was really sad on Sunday... Monday, even worse that I started looking for a reason. Asked a couple of guys @ work, if they felt the same or if it was a woman thing !! (I dread going back to work after the weekend) Felt good to hear, they feel the same (for once!!)

Looked at the sky, it was dark and cloudy..No wonder, why else would I be feeling this way!! On my way home it rained, it was pouring!! I waited for the rain to stop but it just kept on raining!! Sat there and made an elaborate plan, got ready to execute it... get out and run!!! I stepped out into the rain, it was cold. I began to run but then stopped..I stood there thinking.. Why am I running? What if I get wet?

Tuesday, I got angry at my mom. Yeah, I know, I am mean....She was basically the bad cop, I can relate to her better now, that I am a mother. Adults tend to focus on things they didn’t have as children, in my parent’s case, it was financial security. They came from large families and had taken up the responsibility of making life better for their parents as well as siblings. In turn, lost out on being part of our childhood. So, I feel they don’t know me at all!!! We have these discussions over the phone, they have their reasons and I have mine…My mom gets targeted mostly because I am still scared of my dad!! He also gets angry pretty fast. Makes me wonder, if he does that deliberately to ward off any sort of confrontation. In case you are worried, I did call my mom back to patch things up :)

Wednesday, walked into the nearby Starbucks, glancing at my reflection to make sure everything was in place ;) A man just walked out with coffee in one hand and a brown bag in the other. He turned around, saw me and went back to get the door. I thanked him and walked into the store. Waiting in line, I looked to see if he was gone. By the way, he had a beautiful smile...... He was walking to his car.......Now, coming back to whatz going on in my head...... Aww, that was soooo nice of him..He didn’t have to do that…A gentleman indeed.....How many guys would do that, really? His girlfriend/wife is quite lucky!!!! Then my cynicism kicked in. Who knows if he is a good guy??!!! ! Life has proven, time and time again..Things are not the way they look.

Thursday, after lunch, Matt (my colleague) offered me a piece of gum; I took it, once I was done chewing, I told him, I was bored with this one and he needs to bring in something different!!! To tell you a lil bit about Matt, he is a body builder. He looks all tough & macho but is really a very sweet person!! Later, he comes over, tells a joke & I give him a blank look. He walks away shaking his head & I think he was mumbling too!! If he had turned around he would see me smile or should I call it my evil grin :))

It’s just another week but I realize how special, as I sat down to write about it!!

3 comments:

  1. i was jus on ur blog reading this & lo the template changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw, m suzaan's friend. first time on ur blog.

    """just another week but I realize how special, as I sat down to write about it!! """" --- right on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Sujatha :)

    ReplyDelete